Firefighter Reserve Program. Please click here for additional information on our new Reserve program.
Police Investigative Intern Program. Please click here for additional information on our new Intern program.
The Personnel Department strives to provide the highest quality of service to City departments, employees and the citizens of Fountain Valley.
The Department is responsible for providing human resources management to all City of Fountain Valley employees. It is our primary goal to recruit and maintain a highly skilled and qualified workforce. To accomplish this, our department offers a number of services to all our employees that include:
- Compensation and Benefits: We work to ensure competitive compensation for all of our positions. We advise employees about the variety of medical, dental, disability, and retirement plans offered through the City, facilitate the yearly open enrollment process and administer the Workers’ Compensation program.
- Recruitment and Selection: We make it a priority to recruit the most capable employees who are most suitable for the job. We update new employment opportunities, help to create new job titles, and deal with all pre-employment functions. We train employees to get them acclimated to their new position.
- Employee Relations: We perform labor relations with the bargaining units and address any issues, grievances or disputes among employees.
- Employee Development: Training programs are structured and presented throughout the year to allow employees to grow and develop within the organization.
- Employee Programs We administer programs to recognize employees for their achievements such as the City’s Employee Recognition, Suggestion and Service Award Programs. We also prepare a quarterly employee newsletter keeping employees up-to-date on City activities.
- Special Events: We host an annual employee health fair allowing employees to speak with our various insurance companies providing employee benefits, as well as, allow employees to participate in numerous wellness tests. We co-host other special events such as an annual Employee Recognition Luncheon and Service Award Presentation.
- Volunteer and Elected Positions: We can provide you with information on any open volunteer spots. Also provide information on how to run for office or open positions.
If you have any further questions for our Personnel Department, please contact us at:
10200 Slater Avenue
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
Phone Number: (714) 593-4506
To send a direct email Click Here
(Please do not send attachments. Due to security issues, email attachments including resume attachments will not be opened).