To bring the City into substantial compliance with the State requirements of AB 1236 (2015), Fountain Valley has adopted a streamlining ordinance (Title 18, Chapter 18.30) that facilitates the approval process for qualifying EVCS. Applicants planning to install a charging station at an existing building must accurately complete the application checklist in order to be issued all necessary permits.
- A completed application form. This permit application may be downloaded here.
All applications must include the following information:
- A site plan and electrical plan with a single line diagram. The site plan must be drawn to scale and include full dimensions and include the following information:
- Location, size and use of all structures;
- Location of electrical panel for the charging system; and
- Type of charging system and mounting
- Electric load calculation worksheet
- Additional information based on response to questions in the checklist (see #2 below)
2. Conformance with the eligibility checklist for expedited permitting. Complete and submit the appropriate Eligibility Checklist from the list below for expedited review
- Application. Applications can be submitted online at or at the Permit Center Counter.
- Plan Review. City staff will review your application and the submittal information within one to ten days.
- Fee. Permit fees are based on the current adopted fee schedule.
- Inspection. Once all permits have been issued and the EVCS is installed, it must be inspected for final approval.