Fountain Valley’s Permit Center is the City’s electronic plan check system which allows you to submit a permit application online and upload plans for plan review. By submitting your plans in an electronic format (PDF), most of the cost associated with paper plans is eliminated and you can stay updated on the progress of your project.
Currently only Planning and Building Departments are accepting electronic plans. If your project requires Public Works or Fire Department review, paper plans shall be submitted separately.
We are currently accepting online applications for the following permit types:
- Room Additions and Remodels
- New Single-Family Residence
- New Multi-Family Residence
- New Commercial Development
- Tenant Improvements
- Pools and Spas
- Solar Panels
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station (EVCS)
- Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU)
Please adhere to these PDF Submittal Guidelines or your project will be rejected.
Please download and complete this Plan Review Submittal Criteria Checklist to submit with Permit Application and PDF plans.
Submit an Application to the Permit Center
- To begin using the Fountain Valley Permit Center:
- Create an account at this web site: https://fountainvalley.cts.city
- Verify your email address and then log back in at the above web site.
- Fill out the online permit application, upload your PDF plan documents with your Plan
- Review Submittal Criteria Checklist, and pay the plan check fee with a Visa or Mastercard.
UPLOADED PDF PLAN DOCUMENT SHOULD INCLUDE:
a. Plan Review Submittal Criteria Checklist
b. Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Structural plan sheets
c. Structural Calculations
d. Title-24 Documents
e. Geotechnical Report
f. Soils Report
g. Homeowners Association (HOA) Approval Documents