The ePlan Check System is the City of Fountain Valley’s new electronic plan check system which allows you to submit an permit application online. By submitting your plans in an electronic format (PDF), most of the costs associated with paper plans can be eliminated and you can stay updated on the progress of your project.
We are currently accepting online applications for the following permit types:
- Multi-Family Residences
- New Commercial Development
- Pools and Solar Panels
- Room Additions and Remodels
- Single Family Residences
- Tenant Improvements
ePlan Check Steps
To begin using ePlan Check:
- Create a user account. Register online
- Fill out the permit application, and upload under a separate filename. (Solar Permit Application only, click here)
- Select one of the accepted permit types and complete the application form.
- You can submit and track multiple permit applications under one user account.
- Complete the Plan Review Submittal Criteria Checklist (PDF) and upload under a separate filename.
- This document must be included with your plan submittal as it will serve as a cover sheet when you submit your plans and supporting documents.
- Upload your plans and required supporting documents in PDF format which includes, but is not limited to:
- Plan Review Submittal Criteria Checklist (listed above)
- Structural Calculations
- Title-24 Documents
- Geotech Report
- Soils Report
- Homeowners Association (HOA) Approval Documents
- Pay your initial submittal fees online through a secure server.
Currently only Planning and Building Departments are accepting electronic plan check.
If plans require Public Works or Fire Department review, paper plans shall be submitted separately.