General Plan Update
The City of Fountain Valley opens the Request for Proposals for the General Plan Update. Qualified firms that would like to be considered will need to submit a response no later than Monday, June 25, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. No facsimiles or electronic transmissions will be accepted. Responses must meet the requirements outlined in the Submittal Requirements.
For further information and questions concerning the RFP, please send your questions to Matt Mogensen, Planning and Building Director. All requests for information and responses to questions will be posted on this page. Please check back for latest information and queries concerning this RFP.
California State Law requires that each city prepare and adopt a comprehensive, long-term General Plan (PDF) for its future development which must conform to the guidelines found in the State of California General Plan Guidelines (PDF).
The state law specifies that each jurisdiction's General Plan address seven issue areas which include land use, circulation, open space, conservation, safety, noise, and housing. In addition, local governments are permitted the flexibility to address specific needs and unique characteristics of their jurisdiction. Therefore, the City of Fountain Valley has elected to include air quality and growth management as issue areas to address.
Each of the General Plan chapters address the issue areas and include goals and policies designed to provide a safe and pleasant environment within the City of Fountain Valley into the future.
The City’s General Plan contains 11 chapters that address the 7 mandatory issue areas as required by state law, the 2 elective issue areas, and the glossary of terms. The date of the most recent updates of these documents is shown in parentheses.
- Chapter 1: General Plan Introduction (March 21, 1995)
- Chapter 2: Land Use Element (March 21, 1995)*
- Chapter 2: Land Use Plan Map
- Chapter 3: Circulation Element - Circulation Plan Map
- Chapter 3: Circulation Element - Designated Truck Routes Map
- Chapter 3: Circulation Element - OCTA Transit Routes Map
- Chapter 3: Circulation Element - Trails Plan Map
- Chapter 3: Circulation Element (June 2, 2008)
- Chapter 4: Parks and Open Space Element (March 21, 1995)
- Chapter 5: Conservation Element (March 21, 1995)
- Chapter 6: Public Safety Element (March 21, 1995)
- Chapter 7: Noise Element (March 21, 1995)
- Chapter 8: Air Quality Element (March 21, 1995)
- Chapter 9: 2014-2021 Housing Element (Adopted February 4, 2014 – Amended November 21, 2017)
- Chapter 10: Growth Management Element (March 21, 1995)
- Chapter 11: Glossary (March 21, 1995)