California's main water sources have been severely impacted by record dry conditions, and we're already using our reserves to supply our everyday water. Our water situation is serious, but you can help by following these simple water saving tips.
- Turn off the water when you brush your teeth. Save 3 gallons a day
- Shorten your shower by one or two minutes and save up to 5 gallons. Shorten your shower by five minutes and save 12 gallons.
- Save 20 gallons a day for every toilet or faucet leak you fix.
- Save between 15 to 40 gallons per day (based on 7 loads per week average) by only washing full loads of laundry.
- Install a high-efficiency toilet and save 19 gallons per day.
- Talk to your family and friends about saving water. If everyone does a little, we all benefit a lot.