The Traffic Bureau consists of one sergeant and two motor officers who are committed to promoting the safest and most efficient traffic flow throughout our City. Every day, over 100,000 vehicles travel the 145 miles of streets in our City, which requires a carefully designed traffic plan and selective enforcement efforts to guarantee maximum public safety.
WHAT DOES THE TRAFFIC BUREAU DO?
· Conducts data driven enforcement in order to maintain safe streets
· Traffic enforcement and education at our schools
· Collaborate with school officials regarding safe pick-ups zones and traffic flow patterns
· Bicycle safety class for youthful offenders and their parents
· Conduct DUI and safety checkpoints throughout the year
· Conduct DUI saturation patrols throughout the year
· Investigate and document traffic collisions
If you have any traffic related questions or concerns,
please call the Traffic Bureau at (714) 593-4481