Welcome to Fountain Valley Police Explorer Post # 1007
EXPLORER PROGRAM VIDEO
WHAT IS THE EXPLORER PROGRAM?
Police Explorers work under the guidance of Police Officers who encourage and educate these young women and men by exploring careers including; Police Officer, Dispatcher and Crime Scene Technician (CSI). The Explorer Post is led by Explorers, who serve as Captains, Lieutenants and Sergeants, providing the opportunity to learn basic leadership skills. This is a values and skills based program where Explorers learn the importance of honesty, discipline and responsibility, while learning police procedures. The goal of the program is to prepare Explorers to successfully achieve a Law Enforcement career.
The Fountain Valley Police Explorer Post is a member of the Orange County Law Enforcement Explorer Advisor Association.
WHAT DOES A POLICE EXPLORER LEARN?
· Police Department Mission and Values Statement
· Police Procedures including; Felony Vehicle Stops, Handcuffing, Traffic Control, Arrest and Control Techniques, Building Search Techniques and Report Writing
· Criminal Codes including; California Penal, Vehicle, and Health and Safety Codes
· Police Radio Codes and Radio Procedure
· Community service to enhance life experience, character development and teamwork