The original item was published from April 23, 2020 4:27 PM to April 27, 2020 3:28 PM
Hye Jin Lee graduated from UCI with BS and MS in Civil Engineering. Hye Jin is passionate about building relationship with the community that she serves. Choosing Civil Engineering as a major came from my desire to invest my career in building infrastructure to enhance quality of life for residents and help businesses thrive by collaboration.
She started first 10 years of her career in a consulting engineering firm involved in engineering design and management of all spectrum of civil engineering from planning to construction. Some of the projects/clients include:
She spent nearly 20 years in municipal engineering management and eventually in executive management.
- Freeway Design including 241/261/133 Toll Roads, 91 Fwy expansion, El Toro Y (405/5) reconstruction
- Disneyland (California Adventures, Downtown Disney), South Coast Plaza, Irvine Company
She also spent 6 years in Kansas City Metropolitan area suburb as a City Engineer successfully implemented an aggressive CIP program for critical infrastructure projects to foster economic developments during the recession years of 2008 to 2014.
- Numerous large scale park projects/Community Center
- Airport Improvements
- Grade Separation
- Utility operations and regulatory compliance (Water/sewer/wastewater treatment)
- Managed operation of a municipal landfill and environmental compliance
She resides in Brea, CA with husband of almost 24 years, a daughter and a son (senior and freshman in high school respectively) and 2 adopted Labrador retrievers.
- Bridge Replacements with Federal Grants
- Street and Rail Road crossing improvements
- Collaborated with Army Corps of Engineers for flood mitigation project
- Utility Reconstruction
- Auto dealers : Toyota, Lexus, Nissan, Infinity, Hyundai, Chevy, Hummer
- Hobby Lobby
- Fast food restaurants