Orange County continues to see an increase in disease transmission. Over the past three weeks:
-Testing Rate: increased 29% from 130 to 168 average tests per day per 100,000 population
-Positivity Rate increased from 7.1% to 14.1%.
-Case rate average increased 243% from 71 to 243 per 100,000.
-Hospitalizations have increased 65% from 437 to 722.
The trends are concerning and the elevated disease transmission puts the healthcare system at risk as illness worsens for those who are ill. As businesses opened, HCA has seen outbreaks associated with many different kinds of work sites with the most impacted business sector being restaurants. Restaurant clusters increased dramatically coincident with opening of indoor dining in the county, and HCA is seeing a decrease in these reports since indoor dining discontinued.
- Governor Conference Friday 7-17-20 “Focus on School Reopening”
County Specific Information:
- County Health Officer Order: (last amended July 14th clarifying the indoor sectors closing) Click Here
- Link to OC HCA Data/Stats Click Here
- COVID-19 Testing Super Site (PCR – only) at the Anaheim Convention Center Click Here
- Testing is now available through an appointment-based drive-thru site that can serve more than 1,000 people daily; Wed-Sun 0800-1600 at Anaheim Convention Center, West Street entrance
- Available to Orange County residents at no-cost for people who meet Public Health priorities for testing and cannot get a test through their medical provider (doctor). Please contact your provider first
- Public Health criteria for priority testing:
- Healthcare workers and first responders
- Workers in congregate living settings such as skilled nursing facilities, jails, or homeless shelter settings o Individuals with close contact (15 minutes or more within 6 feet) to someone known or suspected to have COVID-19
- Essential workers – those with contact with the public such as such as grocery store workers, social service providers, government workers, etc.