TO: News Media CONTACT: Rob Houston
DATE: March 18, 2020 City Manager
Orange County Health Care Agency Issues Health Order Prohibiting All Public and Private Gatherings; Public Health Order is NOT an Order to Shelter in Place
Fountain Valley, CA – On Tuesday, March 17, 2020, the Orange County Public Health Care Agency announced an Emergency Public Health Order banning all public and private gatherings in Orange County effective immediately through March 31, 2020. The Emergency Health Order is being issued to slow the spread of coronavirus. The March 17 order from County Health Officer Dr. Nichole Quick is NOT an order to shelter in place. It is not a lockdown. It is important for all Orange County businesses to remain open while practicing social distancing. To view the Orange County Health Care Agency issued health orders it is available at www.fountainvalley.org, Covid-19 Information, or www.ochealthinfo.com.
Retail Beverage Service Venues:
- Bars, wineries, breweries and pubs should be closed, except for venues that are currently authorized to provide off sale beer and wine to be consumed off premises are allowed.
- This guidance is not intended to affect production of beer and wine.
- Bars, breweries, pubs, and wineries that include meals provided by a full kitchen should allow the restaurant guidance below if they provide delivery or pick-up options.
- Restaurants should be closed for in-restaurant seated dining and should be open only to drive-through or other pick-up/delivery options.
Grocery Stores and Charitable Food Distribution Sites
- The food distribution chain is critical to the public’s health.
- Grocery stores and charitable food distribution sites should remain fully open and operational.
On Tuesday, March 17, 2020, the Fountain Valley City Council declared a Local Emergency. This declaration is a proactive administrative action that allows the City to promptly take the actions necessary to protect public health, safety and welfare within the City and also allows for future reimbursement by the county, state and federal governments.
As a precaution to reduce community spread of coronavirus, the City has implemented temporary changes to City operations effective immediately. City Hall and all City facilities are closed to the public through March 31, 2020; however, City operations will continue to operate with available staff. City staff will continue to provide services by phone, email and through the web.
- For questions about general city services, please call (714) 593-4400 during regular business hours or visit www.fountainvalley.org.
- Fountain Valley Police Department will maintain essential public safety services and residents are asked to contact the Police Department by phone at (714) 593-4485 and email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For general information about COVID-19, please call the OC Health Care Agency’s (HCA) Health Referral Line at (800) 564-8448, visit http://www.ochealthinfo.com/novelcoronavirus, or follow the HCA on Facebook (@ochealthinfo) and Twitter (@ochealth).
- For questions on the OC Health Orders, please contact the County of Orange Public Information Hotline at (714) 628-7085. Please do not call 9-1-1 unless it is an emergency.
The City is following guidance from the Federal, State and County authorities. The situation is fluid and information provided in this statement is subject to change.