Fountain Valley, CA – On March 30, 2020, the County of Orange announced through a press release that the County of Orange Public Health Order, originally set to expire on March 31, 2020, is superseded by the State’s Executive Order until further notice. With much uncertainty regarding the COVID-19 crisis, the City of Fountain Valley has extended the closure of City facilities to the public through the end of April and anticipate reopening on May 1, 2020. City services are available online, and via telephone and email.
With the March 30 announcement, the City will also extend the suspension of street sweeping enforcement from March 31 through the end of April. Street sweeping operations will continue with its regular schedule. For more information, please visit https://www.fountainvalley.org/194/Trash-Collection-Street-Sweeping-Schedul. Trash services remain the same except bulk items pick up has been temporarily suspended. Water is safe to drink in Fountain Valley and remember to keep our City’s sewer system and your house plumbing flowing smoothly by only flushing 3-Ps (Pee, Poop, and toilet Paper).
Residents of Fountain Valley are required to continue to stay at home except for essential needs and should practice social distancing as directed by the Governor and the State’s Public Health Officer. State of California Executive Order can be found at https://covid19.ca.gov/stay-home-except-for-essential-needs/. Businesses to be closed are:
- Dine-in restaurants
- Bars and nightclubs
- Entertainment venues
- Gyms and fitness studios
- Public events and gatherings
- Convention centers
- Hair and nail salons
Again, City Hall and all City facilities are closed to the public through April 30, 2020; however, City operations will continue with available staff. City staff will continue to provide services by phone, email and through the web. To view press releases for Fountain Valley and the Orange County Health Care Agency, it is available at www.fountainvalley.org, COVID-19 Information Fountain Valley, or www.ochealthinfo.com.
- For questions about general city services, please call (714) 593-4400 during regular business hours or visit www.fountainvalley.org.
- Fountain Valley Police Department will maintain essential public safety services and residents are asked to contact the Police Department by phone at (714) 593-4485 and email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For general information about COVID-19, please call the OC Health Care Agency’s (HCA) Health Referral Line at (800) 564-8448, visit http://www.ochealthinfo.com/novelcoronavirus, or follow the HCA on Facebook (@ochealthinfo) and Twitter (@ochealth).
- For inquiries related to COVID-19 and resources in OC, call toll free hotline at (833) 426-6411.
- For business resources, call Economic & Business Recovery Call Center at (714) 480-6500.
- For questions on the OC Health Orders, please contact the County of Orange Public Information Hotline at (714) 628-7085.
- Please do not call 9-1-1 unless it is an emergency.
The City of Fountain Valley will continue to provide City services via telephone, email, and through the web. We are working with the guidance of the Federal, State and County authorities. The situation is fluid and information provided in this statement is subject to change. We will update as new information become available.