Before you hop on your bike and head out, Fountain Valley Fire wants to share a few safety tips to keep you and your family safe during your ride.
- Wear a properly-fitted helmet. This is THE BEST way to prevent head injuries and death.
- Ride in the same direction as traffic as far on the right-hand side as possible.
- Use hand signals and follow the rules of the road. This includes stopping at stop signs and traffic signals.
- Be seen! Wear bright colors and use lights, especially if you ride at night or early in the morning. Reflectors on your bike and clothes will help motorists see you.
- NEVER let children ride alone in traffic.
Here is a great video on how to ensure you have a properly-fit bike helmet or see the instructions below. If you would like to read more about bike safety, click here or visit the National Safety Council’s website.