News Flash Home
The original item was published from 1/20/2021 4:13:24 PM to 1/31/2021 5:05:00 PM.
Fountain Valley News
Posted on: January 20, 2021
[ARCHIVED] VACCINE RECIPIENTS/APPOINTMENTS
- Vaccines are being dispensed in a phased approach.
- Vaccinations are by appointment only. Anyone showing up without an appointment will be turned away. If you don’t have an appointment, don’t go.
- All residents interested in being vaccinated are encouraged to register at www.Othena.com to be notified when there are appointments available.
- Our vaccine scheduling has been simplified. Eligible individuals under Phase 1A (all tiers) who are registered in the Othena system, including persons age 65 and older, will receive an e-mail to schedule a vaccination appointment. Simply register and you will be e-mailed when an appointment is available. -Individuals must also live or work within Orange County and must make an appointment -Health care workers need an employee badge, letter from their employer or something else that proves their occupation -We expect to continue scheduling 3,000 appointments per day
- Most eligible individuals will be contacted through their employer -Others who are eligible will be notified and should continue to watch for announcements through the Health Care Agency (HCA) website, social media and news media
- Appointments are scheduled for no more than three days out as the County depends on the State for its supply of vaccine doses
- The vaccination experience typically takes 45-60 minutes per person. It is not necessary to arrive more than 15-20 minutes before your scheduled appointment
- Anyone who received their 1st vaccine dose through the Othena system (starting January 6) will automatically receive their 2nd dose appointment confirmation through Othena -Everyone who received their 1st dose through their health system, employer, or other group will receive the 2nd dose from the same source
- Individuals receiving vaccines will: -Receive a card listing the vaccine type of the first dose received (e.g. Moderna) and the lot number -Need to bring their vaccine cards to the site when receiving the 2nd dose